Maintaining healthy varied diet is in the core of protecting your natural eyesight and lowering the risk of various eye disorders. A healthy diet should not only provide you with the basic nutrients essential for your body, but with sufficient quantities of some essential eyesight nutrients.
Fruits and vegetables are the best natural sources of some of the micronutrients important for your vision health. Some studies suggest that consuming at least 3 servings of fruits and vegetables a day can protect your eyes from cataracts and age-related macular degeneration – two of the most common eye disorders leading to severe vision impairment and blindness.
Fruit and vegetable juices are probably the best way to “fuel” your eyes and body those vitamins and minerals. Since you can make a fruit or vegetable juice from various ingredients, it is good to know some tasty and healthy fruit and vegetable juice recipes.
• Blackcurrant: because of its great Vitamin C content.
• Kiwi: a great source of Vitamin C, Vitamin E and two of the most important antioxidants for eyesight – Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
• Strawberry: a cup of strawberry juice will give you all the Vitamin C you need for the day.
• Oranges, Grapefruits, Lemons: a cup of citrus fruits juice will revitalize you and give your eyes Vitamin C.
• Carrots: an excellent natural source of Vitamin A and various essential beta-caretonoids.
• Mango: because it contains two very important vision vitamins – vitamin E and vitamin A.
• Papaya, peach: a good dietary source of vitamin A.
There are also some vegetables essential for your vision. Since pure vegetables juices are not that tasty, it is recommended to mix them with any of the above juices. So which vegetables to add to your fruit juice?
• Parsley: because it is an excellent vitamin C dietary source.
• Broccoli: because it contains vitamin C, vitamin E, Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
• Spinach: because it will provide your eyes and body with tons of healthy nutrients (vitamin C, E, A, iron, zinc, Lutein and Zeaxanthin).
• Kale: it is one of the best plant sources of Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
It is important to remember that many vitamins and minerals are destroyed when exposed to heat, cold or air. For that reason it is good to go for fruit and vegetable juice recipes that doesn’t require heating or freezing of the ingredients. Also, it is important to drink the juice right after you make it. You may also consider using a juicer that doesn’t generate too much heat. Make sure you buy and use only fresh organic products for your fruit and vegetable juice recipes; this way you will ensure they contain all the beneficial vision nutrients.
- Vegetables Good for Eyes – Improve Vision Through a Healthy Diet
- Eating Fruits Good for Eyesight Improves Vision Naturally
- Eye Health Nutrition – Meat, Poultry and Fish Foods Improve Eyesight