There are many fun eye activities for kids that not only provide a great way to spend some quality time with your children but give them a chance to improve their visual skills.
The main visual skills your child needs are visual acuity (the ability to see clearly), visual fixation (the ability to focus on a stationary object), accommodation (the ability to adjust focus of the eyes as the distance changes), binocular fusion (the ability to gather images from both eyes and form a single image) and visual perception (the ability to understand what is seen). The following eye exercise is aimed at improving visual perception and it is suitable for pre-school and school aged children.
Visual perception is the visual skill required to organize and recognize images as shapes. Basically, every shape your kid encounters is remembered and can be recalled when needed.
Good visual perception skills are vital for just about all daily activities and particularly important for successful school achievement. Helping your kid develop their visual perception skill through eye activities for kids will help them learn to read faster too.
So, here is how the Vision Perception Eye Exercise is done.
1. Print the image below. Alternatively you can create a similar image or a set of similar images. You can use just about any shapes and symbols and even letters and numbers even if your child still doesn’t know how to read or count.
2. Ask your child to match the shapes at the top with the corresponding shapes below.
As you can see, this is an extremely easy eye exercise. Probably the best thing about it is that this vision exercise can be done as often and as many times as your child wants. You can also set up regular eye exercise sessions aimed at enhancing your kid visual skills and ask them to do the Visual Perception Eye Exercise together with other eye activities for kids: eye tracking exercises or eye hand coordination exercises and games.
- Eye Exercise for Myopia: 3 Cups Vision Exercise
- Eye Squeezes Vision Exercise For Victims of Squinting Habit
- Eye Exercise for Myopia – Vision Exercises to Improve Eyesight