The following Chinese eye exercises and acupressure massage techniques include stimulation of several key points associated with eye health and vision. Each point should be massaged for about 10 seconds. It is recommended to always stimulate the points bilaterally, i.e. to massage both eyes at the same time. Also, don’t forget to cut your fingernails and wash your hands before starting the massage. Rubbing your hands together to warm them up prior the massage will increase its benefits. Pregnant women should not do any of the massages listed below prior to consulting with their doctor.
1. Tong Zi Liao points massage. Tong Zi Liao points are located at the lateral border of the orbit. By massaging these points, a person can relieve the symptoms of refractive errors, conjunctivitis, sore eyes, itchy eyes, blurred vision and early-staged cataracts.
Close your eyes, place your index or middle fingers on these points an rub them slowly in clockwise direction.
2. Si Zhu Kong points massage. Si Zhu Kong points are located at the bony depression at the outside end of the eyebrows. These points are associated with clear eyesight. Massaging these points helps invigorate the eyes, reduces eye strain and vision discomfort associated with eye work. Further benefits of stimulating the Si Zhu Kong points include gradual softening of wrinkles and headache relief.
By using your middle or index fingers, massage these points in an outward direction and then gently press until you feel a spongy sensation beneath your fingertip. Massage again and press lightly one more time.
3. Yuyao points massage. Yuyao points are located at the inner aspects of the eyebrows. Place your thumbs over the points, press lightly and start a circular movement. One circular movement should last around 8 seconds (you can count to eight). Repeat 8 times (8 circles).
4. Bitong points massage. Bitong points are located at the highest point of the nasolabial groove. These points can be massaged in case of refractive errors as well as in cases of allergic rhinitis and runny nose.
Close your eyes and use the tips of your middle fingers to rub up and down the area between the Bitong points and the inner corners of the eyes.
5. Zanzhu points massage. Zanchu points are located at both sides of the nasal bridge. The benefits of massaging these points include blurred vision and headache relief.
Close your eyes. Put the thumb and index finger together, place them on the points and gently press with an up-down movement. Count to eight, pause and start again. Repeat 8 times.
- New Energy Massage Improves Vision Naturally
- Eye Exercises For Computer Users Improve Vision Naturally
- Easy Eye Massage for Better Vision